Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's official, I'm a mommy!

There really aren't words to describe the last few days of my life, it will most certainly never be the same. Trinity came into the world and it has seemed like time has just stopped. Our lives will forever be changed, yet now that she is here I can't remember things ever being any different. My daughter truly is a gift from God, and I feel so extremely blessed that he chose me to be her mother. I apologize for not posting sooner but as you can imagine the last few days have just been a roller coaster, I wouldn't have made it without my family and friends. My mom came home with us from the hospital and has stayed with us the last few days, wearing herself out taking care of the house, staying up at night with me and the baby and jumping at my every gasp- even when they aren't for anything more than a little bit more than a tablespoon of spit-up ((I was worried that this was a "throw-up"...who really knows the difference!)). I have confidence that I will become a good mother because I have truly learned from the best. Trinity has had so many visitors and she has so much love in her life, and for that I thank God. As soon as I can sit down with a big box of tissues I plan on writing out her birth story and sharing it with all of you because there truly is a testimony to be shared. We were released from the hospital Sunday afternoon and snuggled in at home, Monday we had to return back to the hospital to have the baby's blood tested. She was diagnosed with Jaundice and her scores went up a little. When we got home the pediatrician ordered her to lay on a billi blanket, and boy for the first time I felt the real sting of being a mother. I have heard my mom say so many times "someday you will be a mom and you will understand" and now I do. It hurt to know that she was ill and there was nothing I could do. Grandma Vicki came over Monday night and prayed over her and for me to gain confidence and trust in her doctors. Today we went back to the hospital for another draw and her levels had gone down .2 points, not enough to get her off of the blanket but enough to keep her home and safe with her family and I am so thankful for that. Trinity will be going to the pediatrician that Aunt Crystal works for and her first appointment is tomorrow at 11:15am. I am so excited that my sister will be there for all of Trinity's care, nothing like knowing that your doctor's office is personally and emotionally invested in their patient! I will be updating again after her doctors appointment. Thank you all for your love and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment